This post may contain affiliates. This means I may make a small commission off one of the links that you click which I use to run this blog :)
If you are missing the beach (or getting Summer ready), this pineapple smoothie will totally give you the tropical vibes you were craving for! Start out your day with this incredible vegan smoothie! It’s full of protein, nutrients, and a bunch of natural sugars – all from clean ingredients.
Tropical Vegan Smoothie
This tropical vegan smoothie reminds me of home.
Having grown up in Miami, Florida (HEYYYYYYY!), I was constantly surrounded by different Latin cultures and their foods.
It was seriously the best way of growing up.
Having moved away from home, it’s one of the biggest things I miss…
That and my mom’s cooking.
College Life and all. (Mom, send me food!)
If you’ve ever been to Miami, you’ll know that we have the most amazing beaches and food you’ll ever get to try.
When I get homesick, I start to crave pineapples.
I know, it’s weird but this was my thought process.
Miami –> Beach –> Tropical –> Pineapple –>Smoothie
So good 😋
Pineapple Smoothie Health Benefits
This vegan smoothie is perfect for breakfast. It’s packed with tons of good-for-you ingredients. Here’s just a bit about them (so you can feel good about yourself as you chug it down!)
- Pineapple – This is high in vitamin C, has powerful antioxidants, and contains enzymes to easy digestion.
- Hemp Hearts – Supports healthy hair, nails, and skin. They also have healthy Omega-3 fatty acids that can help reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Ginger – Ginger is really good for your gut health. It can ease indigestion.
- Almond Butter – This is a plant-based source of protein and healthy fats. Get the unsweetened kind for more health benefits.
- Shredded Coconut – Rich in fiber and healthy fats, it is known to aid in weight loss.
- Collagen Powder – This is also fantastic for your skin and will help you grow muscles too.
- Date – Dates are a natural way to add sugar and fiber at the same time.
- Almond Milk – I love using almond milk as a dairy-free alternative. It has plenty of calcium and other nutrients too.
Since I’ve been trying to clean up my eating (hence my Keto Chocolate Mousse), I’ve been trying to incorporate healthy ingredients, like hemp seeds and collagen powder, into my smoothies to help me get back into shape.
What Are Hemp Hearts?
Hemp hearts are the edible part of hemp seeds. They come from the Cannabis Sativa L plant, which is kinda a cousin to marijuana. It shares the same species – cannabis. This kind doesn’t have THC though (the compounds that make you high).
Can You Get High From Hemp Hearts?
No, you cannot get high from hemp hearts and eating them won’t cause you to fail a drug test.
This hemp plant contains nearly undetectable levels of THC compared to marijuana plants.
Facts: hemp hearts contain 0.3 percent THC and marijuana contains 10-30% THC.
There’s a huge difference there.
What Is Collagen Powder?
Our bodies naturally produce a protein called collagen. It makes up our skin, ligaments, and muscles.
If you are vegan or vegetarian, be careful when you are buying collagen powder. Lots of collagen supplements are made from “bovine hide.” In other words, they get their protein from cattle (cows).
Instead, look for a plant-based collagen-booster like Aloe Gorgeous. It’s a plant-based powder with aloe vera and plant proteins that are hydrolyzed so our bodies can digest them easier.
Nut-Free Vegan Smoothie Options
If you are allergic to almonds, you can still enjoy this smoothie! You just have to make a few easy swaps.
- Instead of almond butter, use unsweetened sun butter. It’s made from sunflower seeds and has a really mild and nutty flavor, just like almond butter.
- Use oat milk or soy milk instead of almond milk.
It will still be just as creamy and delicious!
How To Make The Smoothie Ahead of Time
The entire smoothie takes like 5 minutes to make. If you want to save yourself time on really busy mornings so that all you have to do is grab it and go, then do this.
Make your smoothie the day before. Pour it into a mason jar and seal it tight with the lid. Put the mason jar in the freezer. It will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready for your smoothie, put it in the refrigerator to thaw overnight. As you wake up, take it and place it on the counter and let it thaw completely. Give it a few shakes and it will be slushy and ready to go!
How To Store Your Pineapple Smoothie
Honestly, this pineapple smoothie tastes the best when it is fresh out of the blender. If you try to make a huge pitcher of it, it will thaw too much and resemble more of a thick tropical juice.
Either store the extra in the freezer or drink it right away.
Are you ready for the recipe? Here you go!
This pineapple smoothie will have you craving the beach and some serious sun rays!
Vegan Pineapple Smoothie
Here’s my favorite recipe for a vegan pineapple smoothie. Don’t forget to pin this post so you can find it again later!
- Frozen pineapple
- Hemp hearts
- Ginger (peeled)
- Almond butter
- Shredded coconut
- Collagen powder
- Almond milk
- Ice cubes
- Water (as needed)
1. Measure out your pineapple (and throw a little extra in there 😏).
2. Combine all ingredients in your Vitamix, leaving the ice last.
3. Pour in the almond milk or dairy free milk of your choice.
4. Blend on high until combined adding water as needed.
- This recipe makes one large or two small smoothies. But let’s be real… It’ll probably just be one!
- This smoothie is very thick. To thin it out, just add more water until it comes to the desired consistency. You may need to use a tamper.
More Vegan Smoothies
If you loved my pineapple smoothie, then you will adore these too! Try them all and enjoy breakfast again.
My healthy super green smoothie will jump start your day!
If you want a ton of ideas, these 20 smoothie bowls are perfect. They are just as nutritious as they are colorful.