This post may contain affiliates. This means I may make a small commission off one of the links that you click which I use to run this blog :)
Need some more leafy greens in your diet? This Healthy Super Green Smoothie Recipe might be the answer to your prayers.. and gut health!
So lately, I have been having this surge of energy. I don’t know what the heck it is or where it came from but I am going to take full advantage of it while I still can. It also made me do a thing…
I made a bet with myself.
30 days. Be conscious of what I am eating and exercise 3x a week. That’s it.
Sounds easy enough right? It’s been 5 days and It’s been pretty exhausting already… BUT I feel so good. I’m feeling refreshed, I feel inspired to write and my achy bones make me happy because I did a thing. The best thing that’s honestly happened to me this week is my reconnection with cooking and coming up with recipes.
I missed it.
I was completely avoiding cooking when I could and I simply had zero inspiration to come up with new fun and healthy recipes.
I was researching Pinterest and coming up with new smoothie combos based off of what I pinned in my Healthy Smoothie Recipes board and I just wanted to create some light, refreshing yet full of all the nutrients I needed.
Healthy Super Green Smoothie Recipe
Green smoothies kind of always grossed me out. I never tried it and yet I was judging it! I just thought it was super weird to combine fruit and veggie together in one drink. I don’t even like fruit in my salad!
Oh boy, was I wrong… This Green Smoothie Recipe is absolutely delicious and will make you feel so healthy.
It’s a great way to get your daily greens and you won’t even really see/taste it that much. The pineapple and bananas help cover up the taste of broccoli and spinach while the avocado helps create that smooth creamy texture that’s so great about a smoothie. It’s actually even a little sweet, in my opinion!
So go ahead… give it a taste. You’re gonna loveeeeee it!
Ingredients for Leafy Greens Smoothie:
- 1 Greek Yogurt (individual container)
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Chunks
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice (no sugar added)
- 1/2 Mango
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 Cucumber (small)
- 4 Broccoli Florets (small)
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds (These are my favorite ->here!)
How to Make Your Own Super Green Smoothie at Home:
- Place the yogurt, pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, orange juice, mango, banana, spinach, avocado, cucumber, and chia seeds in the blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour in glasses, and top with chia seeds if desired, and enjoy!
- If you’re looking for a little something more fruity, you should take a peek at my Vegan Pineapple Smoothie. It’ll give you all those lingering summer vibes you’re craving for.