This post may contain affiliates. This means I may make a small commission off one of the links that you click which I use to run this blog :)
… and it has been glorious BUT let’s be real. Consuming 3-4 cups of coffee a day is probably not the healthiest thing…
Gluten Free Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
I started researching some healthy and ‘on the go’ recipes that I could incorporate into my routine and still do what I need to do. I’m still looking for the perfect Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffin recipe (if you have one, please share!) but I came across these yummy-looking Oatmeal Breakfast Bars and decided to give them a try with my own twist to them!
Y’all, they’re so good! That little hint of cinnamon with your coffee will give you LIFE.
Ingredients Needed to Make Breakfast Bars
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed firmly)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon club soda
- 1/2 a teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
How to Make Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Pour the boiling water over the oats and cover. Let the mixture sit for about 20 minutes.
- Grab the softened butter and beat until it’s creamy. Slowly, add in sugar and brown sugar and mix well.
- Add in vanilla and 2 eggs, and continue mixing. Finally add in oats, flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix well.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until baked through.
- EAT THEM!
Cut them up and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days (though I doubt they’ll last that long).
Want to jazz them up? Add some Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips or even some dried fruit!