This post may contain affiliates. This means I may make a small commission off one of the links that you click which I use to run this blog :)
You know that feeling when you just got off work and you’re driving home when this sudden exhaustion just hits out of nowhere and you think, “My god, that was literally the worst day ever!” and you just want to shut yourself off from the world?
Yeah… I’m sure I’m not the only one who had a day like that.
It’s days like this that just make you feel on edge and you feel like no amount of burning candles or chocolate mousse will bring you back from the brink of tipping over.
Orange and Lavender Bath Bombs
I’m sure many of you had actually heard of all the craze bath bombs have created. You may have even walked past some at the store but didn’t really give it too much thought.
Well, I’m telling you right now, you are missing out.
These Orange and Lavender Bath bombs are the one thing (and a good book) that can help me regain my zen and I know it can do this for you too.
So, go run a bath with some warm water. Shut the door to all the chaos the world has given you today. Pop one of these and let the fizz and citrus scent take all your stress away.
Materials and Tools for Orange and Lavender Bath Bombs
- 1 cup Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Citric acid
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 3/4 cup Arrowroot powder
- ½ Orange, zested
- 2 tbsp Apricot oil
- 3 teaspoons Lavender witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon purple Mica powder
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Orange essential oil
- Small Spray bottle
How to Make This Bath Bomb Recipe
- In a large bowl combine the first four ingredients and mix well. Make sure there are no clumps because the bombs won’t retain their round shape.
- Grate the orange and add the zest to the dry ingredients.
- Add the mica powder. I do want to say this. It does NOT have to be purple mica powder. You can choose whatever color makes you happy (that’s the whole point)!
- Mix until everything is combined.
- In a small glass bowl, combine the apricot oil, essential oils and witch hazel. Whisk.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the large bowl, it will fizz once the liquid touches it. Don’t worry, your bathroom won’t explode… (maybe?)
- Begin mixing using a fork until everything looks combined and somewhat moist.
Now the fun part!
- Using large ball molds, fill the first half of the mold. Using a silicone spatula, press the mixture in firmly. Spray each mold with a small bit of water (one spray) and press down again to make sure they’re firm.
- Divide the rest of the mixture into the other half of the molds and again press down firmly. Spray the top with water and press down again. Once pressed down, fold the halves of the balls together, pressing slightly to seal them.
- Let them sit on the counter for at least twenty-four hours to set (I know, it sucks to wait) before carefully removing from the molds.
- Just a word of advice (from my many sad attempts at making these), using too much water will cause the bombs to lose their fizz. If you don’t press down firmly, the bombs will not hold together.
- Are you not into lavender or orange? NO WORRIES! Switch out these essential oils for your favorite medley to create the perfect setting to let go all of your troubles 😊Or you can try these Dried Rose Petal Bath Bombs!
- Also, the mica powder and the oil these bombs will leave your bath a bit slippery- so be very careful when you get out! The mica powder is completely optional- if you don’t have it on hand, don’t worry about it!