This post may contain affiliates. This means I may make a small commission off one of the links that you click which I use to run this blog :)
One of the first things I do during the beginning of the fall season is to pull out my favorite slow cooker recipes. Now that I have my brand new instant pot, I was super excited to try to recreate some of my fall favorites. I had so many choices (from quick chicken dinners to easy Paleo soups I’ve tried) but nothing compares to this Instant Pot Turkey Chili!
My top 3 reasons why I love this chili:
- It’s full of healthy ingredients
- it comes together quickly
- you’re ready to eat.
I honestly haven’t met anyone who doesn’t love chili. It’s such a versatile meal and you can make it so many different ways.
Instant Pot Turkey Chili
You can add all sorts of different meats, veggies or beans and just make it the way you like it!
SECRET: One of my favorite things to add is some chopped zucchini. You’ll thank me later.
This turkey chili is definitely one of my go-to meal prep meals I make in my instant pot or crockpot that lasts me all through the week. Pin this to your go-to fall recipes board because it will easily become the go-to recipe for chili.
Ingredients for Chili:
- 1 lb. Ground turkey
- 1 large Sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 46 oz. can Tomato juice
- 1 15 oz. can Fire-roasted diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 can Pinto beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can Dark red kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- 3 tbsp GF Chili seasoning
- 2 tbsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
How to Make This Delicious Turkey Chili in the Instant Pot:
- Press the ‘Saute’ button on the Instant Pot, and add the ground Turkey.
- Cook the turkey until it’s golden brown, and no longer pink, (about 20 minutes) crumbling it up into small pieces while it cooks. Add the chopped onion, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the Saute setting.
- Add the garlic salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper, chili seasoning, and cumin, and stir well.
- Place the kidney beans and pinto beans in a strainer, or colander, drain and rinse well.
- Add the beans to the Instant Pot.
- Add the stewed tomatoes, brown sugar, and garlic to the Instant Pot, and stir well.
- Add the large can of tomato juice, and stir all ingredients together to blend well.
- Sprinkle a little more garlic salt on the chili, stir, and place the lid on the Instant Pot, and turn it until it beeps and locks.
- Set the pressure valve to ‘SEALING’, press the ‘MANUAL’ button and set the time to 20 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps and goes to off, watch the time, and after 13 minutes, release the pressure; with a potholder, carefully turn the pressure valve to ‘VENTING’.
- Make sure all the pressure has been released.
- Check the float valve to make sure it’s all the way down.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot, and stir the chili. It will have thickened a little during cooking.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you are looking to make a spicier chili, you can add more chili seasoning or chop up some jalapenos and toss them in. Also, you can top this turkey with more jalapenos, sour cream, shredded cheese, onions, green onions, or other toppings of your choice.
If you’re looking to pair up some “that hit the spot” desserts with this delicious chili, try some of these recipes: